Code of Conduct for CMSA members:
CMSA believes that all participants have a right to a safe and healthy environment to participate in sports and recreational activities. CMSA, its league and game officials, and participants have an obligation to promote mutual respect, tolerance, and acceptance. CMSA expects participants to abide by the following code of conduct.
- Promote the reputation of CMSA and take all possible steps to prevent our organization from being brought into disrepute
- Not use foul or abusive language or gestures toward league and game officials, players, managers, or spectators.
- Not take any action which is likely to intimidate, offend, insult, humiliate, or discriminate against participant, league and game official, or spectators on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, disability, age, religious or political belief, ethnic origin, social background, language, or marital/civil partner status through words or actions. Such behavior includes: direct physical contact, such as hitting or shoving; verbal assaults, such as teasing or name-calling.
- Not possess weapons during league play or CMSA sponsored events.
- Not use or be under the influence of illegal drugs during league play or CMSA sponsored events.
- Not consume or be under the influence of alcohol during league play or CMSA sponsored events unless expressly permitted by the league and host facility.
- Any participant or official who engages in any of the aforementioned actions may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including suspension and/or expulsion from CMSA.
- This code of conduct applies to participants during league play, CMSA sponsored events, and situations arising from or a direct result of a CMSA event.
- Shall immediately report incidents to the league commissioner or main board of directors. Participants or officials who witness such acts should take immediate steps to intervene when safe to do so. Each complaint should be promptly investigated.